Mechanical Browser and 2D drafting

Hi,

I'm a long time TurboCad user.  If you are not familiar with it, it is an AutoCad-like program, but it was never part of the Intellicad crowd.

Like BricsCad, TurboCad combines much AutoCad functionality with 3D direct modeling capabilities.  TurboCad used to have the lead in 3D modeling, but I was very pleasantly surprised when I saw the progress BricsCad has made in this area.  The features they have added i.e. sheet metal tools, 3D constraints, and the ability to create hierarchical? assembly structures, are basically my TurboCad wish list for the last 5 releases.

I have been playing with the evaluation version.  I'm used to AutoCad drawing structures, with parts in model space and views in paper space.  Do the paper space drawings belong with the high level assembly drawing or with the individual parts?  If with the individual parts, is there a convenient way to print all the drawings associated with an assembly?

Thanks,

JoeM

Comments

•  I'm not familiar with TurboCad (I may have owned a version way back in the Dark Ages). That said:

There isn't a particular constraint on whether the paperspace objects represent the assembly or individual elements. One can, of course, "manually" create viewports and views into model space. In addition, the VIEWBASE command allows either all entities or selected objects to be chosen for the automatically generated engineering views. views are updated as the entities are changed in modelspace. If using "all entities" then the paperspace view also automatically picks up new objects added in model space.

For printing all of or a subset of the paperspace drawings, look at File | Publish or command-line Publish. The built-in PDF printer works pretty well and you can use it with Publish to print to a multi-page PDF file.
  •  Richard,

Thanks for your help; I appreciate the info.

Joe
This discussion has been closed.