BLOCKS

Hi
I am having trouble with some (not all) of the blocks I try to edit. Is there another block edit command? (not found one)

- Single block
( _refedit
** Cannot REFEDIT a non-uniformly scaled block **)

-Block within a block
( _refedit
** Command not allowed, URA already checked out for editing **)

I'm not trying to change the URA, but the URA Frame.

Also, when I tried to save the attached example (.dwg) I got a message - 'This pre-2013 dwg format does not support some entities....... (see attached).
Not sure what entities its on about.

Thanks in advance :)
Ami

Comments

• Hi

It's a fact: you can not use the reference edition of blocks with different X, Y and Z scales. It is the same with Autocad.

In your case, your blocks seem to have the same scales. But I think they are not with many digits after the decimal point.
    If I manually set X, Y and Z scales to 1.00054989, I can use the REFEDIT command.

Fabien
  •  I am not too sure about the second message that you are receiving, but the first is a simple fix.  Copy your block in question off to an empty place in your drawing so that you can edit it with the refeditor without a bunch of clutter.  Next open up the properties panel (CTRL+1 or type PROPERTIES and hit enter).  The properties panel will appear, select the block and note that it's properties now appear in the properties panel.  Under the geometry section, set all of the scales of the block to 1 (you can control the scale along the three axis independently), in your case one of the scales will be something other than 1, most likely the Z scale factor.  Once you have done this, you can right click the block and select refedit, you will then be able to edit the block definition.
  • I get the preXXX dwg format... message if I saveas an earlier version.
    I have never knowingly lost anything, I think it's just a reminder that previous versions did not necessarily support all entities the current version does.
  • Aaah! Thanks. A lot of the drawings (& blocks) are from all over (Previous versions of 2D & 3D).

Ami :)

This discussion has been closed.