Audit related files in block - how to remove?

I tried to issue a support request, but I have not been able to find the link to do so since the web page was changed.

I have an assembly that has a number of nested block.  Many of the blocks have names like, 
$TD_AUDIT_GENERATED_(0)

I am sure these were generated as part of the Audit command I ran a while ago.  But, do they serve a purpose now?  How can I get rid of them?

-Joe

Comments

• They want you to look at the Knowlege Base first to see if your question is already answered. You could pull down Support and select Overview, then click the Bricscad link, then pick a topic -- probably Drawing in this case, which leads to https://www.bricsys.com/en_INTL/support/#26  That page has a link to New Support Request.

I don't have any experience with blocks created by an audit, but in general if I'm not sure whether a block can be safely deleted I first look in the Drawing Explorer. That shows a preview of the block and says how many insertions of it are in the file. If it has 0 references, the block can usually be deleted right there in Drawing Explorer. Failing that, I do a search for block insertions with that name to see how they're used.
  • I tried to issue a support request, but I have not been able to find the link to do so since the web page was changed.

I have an assembly that has a number of nested block.  Many of the blocks have names like, 
    $TD_AUDIT_GENERATED_(0)

I am sure these were generated as part of the Audit command I ran a while ago.  But, do they serve a purpose now?  How can I get rid of them?

-Joe

Joe,
    How about logging in, pulling down the Support Menu item at the top of this page, selecting the "My Account" option, then the "Support Request"
  • >How about logging in, pulling down the Support Menu item at the top of this page, selecting 
    >the "My Account" option, then the "Support Request" 

Thanks for the effort to help, and that is how I used to do it. But, it no longer works. There is no "Support Request" choice that is in the singular case  There is the "Support Requests" plural, which lists my past support requests.  But, there doesn't seem to be any way there to initiate a new support request.  Though, that is where I used to do it.

-Joe
  • Joe, you need to scroll down to the bottom of the 'Support Requests' list to find the 'New Support Request' button.

• Louis, in my browsers that New Support Request Button is no longer there. But there's an Ask Support button at the top of the page, which takes me to the Overview page, from which I can click the Bricscad button, and then the Drawing button on the page that leads to, which in turn leads to a page that does have a New Support Request button, as I mentioned in my earlier post.
  •  Mr Aposostolaros is correct.  I even used my broswer's search feature to look for the word "new", without finding anything for a "new support request".  Browsing to one of the subjects in the knowledge base will eventually take you to a page where you can find a "new support request" link.  And since I use Maxthon as my browser, I tried Microsoft's version to see if it was the browser, but still did not get the button Mr. Verdonck was describing.

I am puzzled how Mr. Verdonck can see the button, but other's can't.  Could it be that his browser's cache has the button, and if you update the page, the button is not there?

The problem with the current web site is that you cannot get to a link to a new support request by using the knowledge base's search feature.  You  must manually browse to a subject, even if none of the subjects apply. Then, once you are at a subject that does not apply, you can find the new support request link.

-Joe
  • But you can bookmark the page that has the New Support Request button, at the address I gave above.
  • Here's what I see when I log in then select  Support  >>  My Support Requests      Maybe if you could post a screen shot....?
    imageBricsys.png
  • In my browsers (Firefox and Chrome), I see pretty much the same thing, except that the blue button says "Ask Support" instead of "New Support Request," and it's a link to the "How Can We Help?" page rather than to the "New Support Request" form.
  • Hi,

to create a support request please first visit the support section on the website.
    Use the categories to navigate to a solution for your problem. If you don't find an answer, you will be able to file a Support Request in a specific category.

Please not that all users are guided through the knowledge base and categories first before they can enter a new support request (in the corresponding category)
    (Bricsys employees have other views and functionalities for creating support requests)

Kind regards,
    Sven

•  I realize it is a good idea to steer users to the knowledge base first.  However, the problem is that you must BROWSE to a subject. If there is no subject that applies, then you are left without any further options.  Also, in my case, I prerformed a search, which turned up empty.  So, I was left without any option, but to go to the forum.

I realize that I can now get to a place where I can start a request by browsing to a subject that I know is wrong. But, strongly suspect that most people won't deliberately go to an incorrect subject. 

I would suggest that Bricsys continue to direct people to the knowledge base, but perhaps first prompt them to type a subject for the support request.  Then, do a search on what they said. Say, "These items from our knowledge base may address your issue, but if not, click the "submit formal support request" link below. Then at the bottom of the list (and even if the list is empty) have a link to begin a normal support request.... note that the subject they already typed will be the subject of the support request.  

If you don't do something like what I suggest above, I suspect you will be seeing a lot more support requests here on the forums.

-Joe
  • Joe, in my browser I see a message very similar to what you suggested, at the top left side of the Support Overview page (which I can also get to by clicking "Ask Support" on the "My Support Requests" page. The message says:
    How to file a Support Request?  Use the categories to navigate to a solution for your problem. If you don't find an answer, you will be able to file a Support Request in a specific category.
  • " If you don't find an answer, you will be able to file a Support Request in a specific category. "
    I didn't find anything that remotely addressed my issue. And, yet there was no link to initiate a support request.  I would have to deliberately browse to a subject that does NOT address my issue in order to initiate a support request.   
    To not change the sequence of events now they might change the message to say, "if none of the links below address your issue, please browse to any subject that does NOT address your issue, and there  you will find a link to initiate a support request."  Of course the last part is somewhat silly, so that is why I suggested the page prompting the people to type a subject which could be used for a text search first. 
    For most software vendors, direct support is only a paid option.  So, I certainly appreciate Bricsys' free support. I also understand their need to reduce their costs in that area.  It just needs to be a little clearer on the web page about how to initiate a support request, either with instructions, or by changing how you get to the actual support request link.

-Joe
  • Hi Joe,

I believe they are working on providing a method for to search the knowledge base as part of raising a support request. Until then you need to browse to the category that most relates to your particular issue, and raise your support request from there. The concept behind this is to direct your query automatically to a support analyst that can most likely deal with your query.

With the changes to the website you may need to force your browser to refresh first. Perhaps this maybe why you don't see the appropriate button to raise an SR. You can refresh your browser by pressing CTRL + F5.

Regards,

Jason Bourhill

CAD Concepts 

•  Oops, I had initiated a few requests the last few days, and just clicked on the first subject in the knowledge base. I had no idea that the category I chose had any effect on who got the support request.

-Joe
This discussion has been closed.