Problem w infinite line and tangent snap?

Hi Everyone!

There seems to be a bug in the tangent snap.   Or I may be looking at this wrong. 

Try this.... Draw a circle, then place an infinite line through the center of it.   Set your tangent snap.   Now using the line you just created as a reference , draw another infinite line at an angle and tangent to the perimeter of the circle.   (I used +/-5 degree angles in the attached screenshot.   Do it on both sides of the centerline.   Did you get consistent results?  Did the tangent snap work?  

I was sure this operation worked with Autocad.   (Last version I used was 2006 LT.)   The operation doesn't seem to work in BricsCAD V14 or V15.   I submitted a support request a few weeks ago, but they told me this was normal.       

I can however, create a couple regular line segments tangentto the circle using a command like "@2&lt;-5". or "@2&lt;5".   In that case, the tangent snap seems to work.<br>
Thoughts on this?

Comments

• I would agree that this is a bug. In short: the deferred tangent snap does not work for xlines.
    Maybe the Bricsys analyst who handled your SR does not know about deferred tangent snap or maybe your explanation was simply misunderstood.
  • I notice that the deferred tangent snap is also not available for the _PLINE command. So maybe we are talking about a 'feature request' instead of a bug...
  •  Roy,

Perhaps I am being unfair in causing this a "bug".  But I think it should be implemented for infinite lines and polylines.  If not for the convenience, but for consistency from command to command.
This discussion has been closed.