Lost all my keyboard shortcuts

I have a fresh install of version 14 on a new machine, and seem to have lost all the keyboard shortcuts.  "L" used to start a line, etc.  I searched for a setting to restore this, but could not find it.  I tried the setting, "Engable Default mode shortcut menus", which was off, but that didn't seem to have any effect when I turned it on.

-Joe

Comments

• Is your .pgp file in the correct directories? Is it in the Support Path?
  • Did you try the REINIT command? - Its purpose is to reload the PGP files after you have made a change to your PGP file.
  •  Thank you, though that was not the direct answer, when I tried it, it told me that the pgp file was not in the support path.  So, I hunted for it, and added its path.

Note that this was version 14, and I have a ver 15 demo also on the machine.  It is possible I somehow messed up the support paths, though I don't think I did anything to do that.

-joe
  • It's hard to say how the upgraded was handled.  On my system, I have everything stored in C:\Working\Drafting\Lisp, ..\Profile, etc. so with one copy command I can backup all of my CAD settings and what not.  The other reason that I did this, I got tired of searching for settings files hidden in the depths of the C:\Users folder on Windows, in hidden folders and places that are generally unreachable with an out of the box Windows Explorer system.  I have also noticed fewer issues when a new command is added to BricsCAD and the CUI is replaced with a new version, I don't lose my settings.  Don't get me wrong, I do understand why Windows is setup this way, for multiple users on one machine, but there has to be a better place to store files, or a better mechanism to load settings files when switching between user accounts.
  •  I actually try to do some of the things  you suggest.  Now I am facing a "you don't have the necessary permissions" type of error when I try to make these changes, even though I have the proper permissions to the directory in question.

I did try to transfer a profile a while back. I even kept the same directory structure between computers just to avoid the problems I am having now.  But, had little success.

-Joe
  • Joe,

If you run the _CUSTOMIZE command, you can press the Revert to Defaults button down in the bottom left of the window that opens. You will then get a confirmation dialogue that will also give you the choice of resetting your PGP file. See screen grab attached.

It is unusual that BricsCAD can't find this file. I would suspect that it may be a symptom of re-using a profile from an earlier BricsCAD version. BricsCAD doesn't deal with these that well, it is better to create a new profile when moving to a new version. You can confirm this by going into _SETTINGS and checking your SRCHPATH. If it lists folders from earlier versions, then that is where your problem is coming from. Assuming this is the case, then I would create a new user profile using default settings.

Regards,

Jason Bourhill

CAD Concepts 

imagedlgCUI-Revert_to_Defaults.png
  •  I think I may have found the root cause for this issue.  My computer support guy said to try editing the shortcut to the program to always start the program in administrator mode.  That solved the problem.

-Joe
This discussion has been closed.