Unknown Publisher permission?

I have already changed my BricsCAD v14 shortcut to always "run as administrator .  But, any time I start BricsCAD on my new Windows 7 Pro Desktop, I get a window asking if I want to grant permission for a "program from an unknown publisher to make changes to the computer?.

How can I stop this from happening?

-Joe

Comments

• Joe,

You shouldn't need to run BricsCAD as administrator. This may be providing you a temporary fix for your issue, but it's not the best solution.

From your earlier post https://forum.bricsys.com/discussion/25502 you mentioned moving to a new machine. As part of setting up your new machine your IT admin probably transferred settings and data across to your new machine. In doing so it possibly created a user rights issue, in that you don't have proper access to folders under your own user profile (usually C:\Users\), hence the need to run with elevated rights. This issue is likely to be impacting on other applications than BricsCAD.

To fix you need to get your IT admin (you can do it if you have local admin rights) to check the permissions of these folders, and provide you the appropriate access rights.

Regards,

Jason Bourhill

CAD Concepts 

This discussion has been closed.