Loading DCL file

we have used lisp file with corresponding dcl file in AutoCAD. But when we load the dcl file in BricsCAD, it is giving message as non supported DCL files. Please explain the procedure to make it work with BricsCAD?

Regards,
Muthu

Comments

• (load_dialog ...) should work the same as in AC. I suspect that there is an issue with the .dcl file.
  • I have noticed that ACAD is a bit more forgiving with DCL's than BricsCAD.  ACAD will run a DCL in certain instances where BricsCAD will not.  Upon investigation of the DCL there is always some syntax error that BricsCAD picks up on that ACAD did not.  Check capitalization of keywords and semi colon use, two things that I noticed ACAD will sometimes pass by.

• You might check that the correct directory is in your Bricscad search path, I've had trouble loading dcl files in the past because of that.  If it is not a path problem and the  files are not encrypted, you can send me the lisp file and dcl file to see what the problem might be.

Kevin

• Additionally, there is the optional "DCL warning level" which can ve set at beginning of DCL file;
    if the DCL file works as expected, then the warning level could be decreased, to avoid warnings
    (but better to correct the DCL files).
This discussion has been closed.