Edit Components of a Mechanical Structure

Hi All,

I am new to Bricscad, evaluating it for possible replacement of my existing CAD system.

If I understand correctly, the mechanical hierarchy in BricsCad is essentially nested reference files; Maybe it has to be in order to maintain compatibility with the .dwg format.

It appears that it is possible to use the "refedit" command to edit these reference files (called "components" in the mechanical browser) from within the assembly .dwg file to which it belongs, with the ability to snap to other components for positioning, etc..  This seems to me like the best way to edit components, since simply opening the file in a separate window (an option available from the mechanical browser) does not allow you to design with respect to other parts in the assembly.

My question - Is there a way to access this capability from within the mechanical browser or from the mechanical workspace ribbon?  It seems like there should be, but I can't find it.  The only way I have found so far is Tools/reference editing from the Menu or typing into the command bar.  If there isn't a way, why not? Is Bricsys implying there is a different/better way to do this?

Thanks,

Joseph Milanese
C.S. Engineering, LLC

Comments

This discussion has been closed.