"An error occurred while trying to load the content of the mechanical browser"

I am assuming this is a glitch on my own machine - it seems to work on the office machine and everyone else's computer.....

I have tried loading the latest revision of Ver. 15 but I get nix in the mechanical browser. Any ideas?

Alan

Comments

• ...Ok, perhaps some more detail on the problem: I am trying to use the mechanical browser but it is empty of all library sections, anyone have any ideas? Thanks.
  •  ......Somebody? Somebody? Ahhh nobody...
    I will lodge a service request.
  • Hi Alan,

Library material is stored in a folder called Xhardware under support in your roaming profile. If open Windows Explorer and paste %appdata%\Bricsys\Bricscad into the address bar, it will take you to your support files. Once your there open the folder related to your particular version.

If you don't find the Xhardware folder, then (after first closing BricsCAD) you could rename the existing support folder e.g. V15x64 -> V15x64-old.  When you re-start BricsCAD it will see that this folder is missing and re-create it by copying across the contents in your UserDataCache in program files.

If the Xhardware folder is there, then I would check whether its an issue with your profile. In particular if you've transferred settings from a profile from a previous version. Read more about "Creating a New User Profile"

If it's none of these, then yes raise a support request.

Regards,
    Jason Bourhill CAD Concepts 

•  Thanks Jason,

I resolved by pathing to the Roaming directory. Why does BricsCAD put stuff under Local and under Roaming?
This discussion has been closed.