Reprogramming the Function keys

Guys,

I am having a brain fart and hoping someone can help.  I just upgraded to V15 from V13 and am just finishing up with all my tweaks, but I can't get just one to work.  I am trying to reprogram my F3 key to "Erase" and my F4 to "Regen".  I have screwed and screwed with the Keyboard section under Tools/Customize and I CANNOT get Erase to stick to the F3 key.  I can insert a tool but it will not let me assign the F3 key to it.

Please help!  Brain farts stink!!

Thanks!
Jeff

Comments

•  No love?
  • If only I could remember how I remapped the F1 key....
  • If only I could remember how I remapped the F1 key....

Thanks Martin!  Not!
  •  I just messed with it some more.  I can assign Erase to F4 as it's not used.  So, I guess I just need to figure out how to unhook Entity Snap Tracking from F3 so I can assign Erase to it...

Anybody?
  • Jeff,

Are you trying to modify the Bricscad keyboard entries or are you working with a partial CUI?  I don't recommend modifying the Bricscad entries because you run the risk of losing your customizations if you upgrade.  With a partial CUI file your changes will override the defaults in Bricscad and your changes won't get overwritten.

Create a file named MYSTUFF.MNS with the following content. 
    [code]
    ***MENUGROUP=MYSTUFF

***ACCELERATORS
    [INTERNAL+"F3"]^C^C_.ERASE
    [INTERNAL+"F4"]^C^C_.REGEN
    [/code] 
    Run the MENULOAD command in Bricscad then select the file you just created.  You'll have to change the filetype at the bottom of the selection pane to see .MNS files.  When you load the file it will create a partial .CUI file named MYSTUFF.CUI.

• Jeff,

Are you trying to modify the Bricscad keyboard entries or are you working with a partial CUI?  I don't recommend modifying the Bricscad entries because you run the risk of losing your customizations if you upgrade.  With a partial CUI file your changes will override the defaults in Bricscad and your changes won't get overwritten.

Create a file named MYSTUFF.MNS with the following content. 
    ***MENUGROUP=MYSTUFF***ACCELERATORS[INTERNAL+"F3"]^C^C_.ERASE[INTERNAL+"F4"]^C^C_.REGEN   

Run the MENULOAD command in Bricscad then select the file you just created.  You'll have to change the filetype at the bottom of the selection pane to see .MNS files.  When you load the file it will create a partial .CUI file named MYSTUFF.CUI.

Martin,

That worked like a charm!!  And it's such an easy solution!  Thank you so much!  I greatly appreciate it!!

Best,
    Jeff

This discussion has been closed.