3D coincident constraint

So, I was watching the Dodecahedron video on Bricsys TV. There is a generous use of the "coincident" constraint to align the edges of the solids. Looked pretty interesting and since it was not something I had used much "real world" before, I thought I'd play with it some.

What I can't seem to do simply is to control which of two selected edges on separate solids is the "controlling" edge. Without adding a fixation lock constraint, it looks like the entity with the lower numbered handle is the one which always "wins."

Adding and then removing (if required/desired) a fixation lock does allow me to choose which of two edges remains in place but that does add a few extra steps. Lazy old bastard that I am, I wondered whether there was a shortcut which I was missing. Similar to how, for example, when applying a "union" to two objects it is the properties of the first selected object which control the properties of the combined object.

Comments

• Hi Richard,
    There is no 'controlling edge'.  You are simply adding a constraint, and the solver will move one or other solid to satisfy that constraint.  You could start by adding a FIX constraint to the centre pentagon.
This discussion has been closed.