Permanently Disable the LookFrom Toolbar/icon?

I just upgraded to V15 and I have to say I'm really digging it!  I am wondering though if there is a way to permanently disable the LookFrom toolbar/Icon.  I have tried several things and that baby just keep coming back - it just won't die!  lol  I use BricsCAD just for 2D and I don't find the toolbar helpful, more of just a distraction.

Thanks!
Jeff

Comments

• You could add this:

(setvar "NAVVCUBEDISPLAY" 0)

to On_Doc_Load.lsp
  •  Because this variable is saved in the drawing file, you must make the change to your template drawing (.dwt). Start a new drawing from you template file, turn the "lookfrom" widget off in the settings dialog (see attached images) and then "save as" a .dwt template file. Next time you start a drawing from this template, the widget will be gone. Good luck.
    imageStep2.jpg
    imageStep1.jpg
  •  Thanks Dennis and Donald!

Enjoy the day!
  • I don't think there is a permanent toggle, but I think there should be.  I think all new "features" need an off switch that does not have to be set each time one opens a drawing.  Any new feature will be of use to some but will be an irritant to others.  Irritants are not a good thing for either Bricsys or for the end user.  "Off switches" are a good thing.

I have the line
    [code](setvar "navvcubedisplay" 0)[/code]
    in my .mnl file.  It could also go in on_doc_load.lsp.  This will turn off the display of the navcube when a drawing is loaded. 
  • As Dennis already mentioned, the system variable NAVVCUBEDISPLAY is saved in the drawing. Therefore,  switch it OFF in your template drawings. NAVVCUBELOCATION and NAVVCUBEOPACITY are saved in the registry, and therefore apply to all drawings. The other LookFrom settings are User Preferences, which are saved in the drawing.
    @Jeff Claunch
    You wrote: "I use BricsCAD just for 2D and I don't find the toolbar helpful, ..."
    The 'Twist Mode' option of the widget might be useful in 2D also: it allows to rotate your drawing about the Z-axis. Click the edge to choose the rotation angle. Clicking in the center restores the default unrotated view. Right click the widget to display the context menu where you can choose the desired mode.
  • As Dennis already mentioned, the system variable NAVVCUBEDISPLAY is saved in the drawing. Therefore,  switch it OFF in your template drawings.

Louis,

This would be a good solution if I created drawings from templates, but 99% of my drawings are files received from others and were created in Autocad.  Bricscad obviously tests drawing files and defaults the NavCube to "on" for drawings which do not have the requisite setting in the drawing.  It should be trivial to have a registry setting that allow a user to set "off" as the default for the NavCube for foreign files.  I think this should be standard practice -- new features can be very good, but there will always be users for whom a new feature is an irritant, not a help, and there should be an easy way to say, "Thanks, but no...".  The NavCube falls into that category for me.  I would use 'Twist Mode' on less than one drawing in 1000.  I'm sure the NavCube is valuable for many users, but it does not help my work process and I prefer to have it turned off. 
  • As Donald pointed out.

Maybe to accomplish what you are looking for, you could toggle it off in the on_doc_load.lsp file.

That way every time you loaded a drawing the variable would be set to off.

Look in the Bricsys/ version / support folder for the on_doc_load.lsp file, open with a text editor, add this line   (setvar "NAVVCUBEDISPLAY" 0), then save.

Now everytime you load a drawing the variable will be set to off, to turn change the "0" to a "1".

• There may not be an existing on_doc_load.lsp file, I have attached one with the code in it to this reply.

on_doc_load.lsp

This discussion has been closed.