Problem with Vector Displacement

When I copy an object, I type in "c", select the object with a crossing window and right click.  Frequently the object is instantly moved by a vector displacement.  The only way to avoid this problem is to copy and paste VERY slowly and deliberately.  This is really a problem for me while drafting as I am used to copying and pasting objects very quickly.  Does anyone know why this is happening?  Is there a way to disable vector displacement? 

I am not seeing the value of the vector displacement option for the way I draft.  I draft architectural drawings for small home renovations.  I don't see why having to type in precise vector points would be useful to me.  It seems extremely time consuming when all I want to do is to quickly copy and paste an object from one area and pop it into another. 

I thank anyone in advance who can help me.

Comments

• Dear Tamara
    Can you have a look at the command prompts when using the Copy command? The default procedure is as follows:
    1. Start the command.
    Prompt: Select entities to copy: 
    2. Select one or more entities.
    Prompt: 
    Entities in set: 1
    Select entities to copy: 
    3. Right click or press Enter to stop selecting entities.
    Prompt: Enter base point: mOde/Displacement:
    4. Specify the base point.
    Prompt: Enter second point: : 
    5. Specify a point.
    The entity is copied over a distance between the two points.
    Vector displacement is started only if you respond with a right click or pressing Enter at the prompt in step 3. Do you experience otherwise?

• Hi Tamara,

If you're not worried about precision, then you can use Click n Drag to move and copy objects on your drawing

Regards, Jason Bourhill CAD Concepts 
This discussion has been closed.