3D modeling and Assembly modeling crash

Today I installed BricsCAD version 1.15.21 (x64) revision 37547 in Ubuntu 14.04
and it crash when I try to use 3d modeling and assembly. My license is plantinum academic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zb18GXqmsmw

Comments

• Hello Francisco,

There is a crash in 3D Context on systems that use Intel on-board graphics cards. The issue is under investigation, but please note that hardware rendering in 3D context has not been supported in the past on Intel cards. This has only recently become available as a beta feature.

If you change the preference variable 'AntiAliasScreen' from 2 to 1, does the application still crash?

If that doesn't work, consider switching to software rendering (set variable RenderUsingHardware to '0') or enable the discrete card in Linux (if your hardware provides one).

Best regards,
    Alexandru Branescu.

• now it doesn't crash but it's very slow and freezes, I guess it's a hardware problem...
  • Hi,
    software rendering is unusable for any real work - the viewport is too slow even on machines with beefy CPU. Basically you cannot work in 3D context with V15 on intel graphics right now. Hopefully fix from Redway will come soon.
    If you don't mind working with the older version, hardware acceleration on intel cards is working on later versions of V14.
    Tom
  • Hi,

Have you tried my first suggestion?

"If you change the preference variable 'AntiAliasScreen' from 2 to 1, does the application still crash?"

There is also 'AntiAliasRender'. Try to set that to 1 too.

This is a possible workaround for the crash in hardware mode. As I said it is under investigation, but until we come up with a solution, you can safely use this workaround. It disables antialiasing, but it's better than nothing.

Best regards,
    Alexandru Branescu.
This discussion has been closed.