unfolding sheetmetal where start meets end

Hi all

first a word of caution.. i am new in this forum and i am fairly new to CAD in general. i am currently trying to find a CAD software that fits my need, one of them being the ability to keep working on linux and avoid depending on a windows installation. I am therefore evaluating bricscad and i have  designed an airduct out of sheet metal to try out the sheet metal module.

i hope this is the right place to post such a question as it is not really a linux related issue, it's more of a "how do i use bricscad correctly" question.

on my airduct, one end of the sheet meets the other and on the final product they should be spot welded or riveted togeter where the two ends overlap. however, if i design the two ends to touch each other, unfoding the part becomes impossible. i found no other way but to leave a little gap in between the two ends to have bricscad still unfold the model.

attached are the version V2 with the gap and version V3 without the gap. V3 will unfold, V2 won't

in order to bring the begining and end together, i switched to planar back-view, selected the vertical edge of the face of the short end and moved it onto the other edge while having snapping enabled, so it snaps to it.

when i then try to unfold V3 i get this error message:
Warning: some bends were torn
Warning: check the result body, the unfolding may not be completed

can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong here?

regards
Pascal