CUI customization issues

I know this has been explained a lot but I'm old and slow so here it comes again. I've arranged my toolbars the way I like and accidentally saved the setup as the default cui file. What I want is to be able to call upon this setup when I update or switch to a new computer, but cannot seem to crack the riddle. How can I do this based on where I'm at now? This is in V15 Platinum - thanks!

Comments

• Ok, maybe I'm getting mixed up here, confusing menus with the toolbars/arrangement. Is there anyway to keep the customized arrangement or do you always have to start with the default and move/delete the toolbars after every update or re-install? I'm back with the default.cui setup so if someone can walk me through the steps to do this it would be greatly appreciated.

1. start with fresh default.cui

2. arrange toolbars as desired

3. Save as partial cui???

4. ??? 

• I've just finished quite a bit of testing ...
    check out this recent thread.

https://forum.bricsys.com/discussion/26124
  • For anyone interested, this is what I have for a root cui:
    • CCL-Root - Minimal.cui is the minimum required for a root cui. The root cui has to have at least one worskspace defined, which this has, but it hasn't been populated.
    • CCL-Root - Default Workspaces.cui provides a root cui with the same workspaces as the default.cui. For this to work the default.cui must be loaded as a partial. The cui is already set to load the default.cui, it just needs to be somewhere on your support file search path.
    Further information I've come across on managing the cui:
    From a CAD Management point of view, the lack of support for an enterprise cui makes life with workspaces difficult. You either have to:
    • Give users access to the root cui, which they may inadvertently break. It would be important in this case to keep a backup of the original root cui that you can push back out. The root cui would also need to be in a location that doesn't affect any other users.
    • Lock the root cui down, which also removes the ability for the user to make any changes.

Regards, Jason Bourhill CAD Concepts 

CCL-Root - Minimal.cuiCCL-Root - Default Workspaces.cui

• Woops, posted to the wrong thread. was supposed to post here Customization Advice

Regards, Jason Bourhill CAD Concepts 
  • Thanks for the input fellas. Got with support and they recommended using the user profiles for storing toolbar configs and etc. I'm just going to have study up on all the CUI stuff.
This discussion has been closed.