Text Editor Program

Help!... Does anyone know a reliable and user friendly Text Editor program work with Icad2000? Thanks.

Comments

• TRY THISAt the command promptType: mtextedThen type: notepad

• We're struggling with MTEXT, even used "mtexted" to set editor to notepad. When tyring to edit MTEXT only the word "VARIES" comes up in the editor. What am I doing wrong?

• Thank for your responsed. However nothing happen when we tried your method. Are we missing something else?

• Mtexed allows you to assign a text editor program, e.g. Notepad. Once you did this, the Notepad window will pop up when the Mtext command is launched or when you click 'Full Editor' when editing a multiline text.You can then type your text in Notepad, choose Save from the File menu on the Notepad window and close the Notpad window. Your text will be inserted in the drawing.

• Thanks to all responses. This is so cool!...

• The varies problem is due to that MTEXT only handles 256 characters in one text.Anything more than that results i VARIES.Try it and you will see.

• Could someone explain to me why the text width and height seems to be altered when using notepad.Properties show no difference.Try writing some text with normal editor then edit it with notepad. All of a sudden text goes outside boundingbox etc.Shame because it makes notepad useless as far as I see it.Patrik

• Sorry still on 7.1The customizing of 8 is a mess in my eyes.Patrik

This discussion has been closed.