Font Problem

I removed BricsCad Linux 15, erased all font and config files and reinstalled to fix my font problem.

My problem is still there. I copied my favorite shx font to the font directory and restarted BricsCad. The font does not show up when I try to change my Standard Style to use that font. It is invisible in the pick box.

Am i missing something?

BTW - This problem started when i erased my config file to solve a different problem. (That was obviously before my reinstall)

HELP I have lost a whole day's work trying to fix this.

Comments

• My only guess is it's a support file path problem. Can you check:

[code]Settings > Program options > Files > Support file search path[/code]

The values for support file search path should include the directory where you are placing your font file. That is, if you are placing the font in /home/william/fonts/myfont.shx, then BricsCad needs to know about the directory /home/william/fonts/.

This is just the first thing I would check, so sorry if you already tried this.

• Good advice but the search path is OK.
    My new font is in the fonts folder that is in the search path and contains the BricsCad installed fonts.

When I show the available fonts in the STYLE pick box or the multipline text box, the new font is not there.
    I only have the BricsCad installed fonts plus one new file.

All was fine until I erased my config file and let BricsCad recreate it.
  • Hello William,

> My new font is in the fonts folder that is in the search path and contains the BricsCad installed fonts.
    Do you mean /opt/bricsys/bricscad/v15/Fonts ?
    In that case, are the bricscad installed shx fonts visible? There should be no reason why your added fonts shouldn't be visible.
    Unless they are corrupt in some way or the file permissions are wrong.

Anyway, as Michael Rickard said, try adding a fonts directory in your home dir and add it to the search path.

Best regards,
    Alexandru Branescu.
  • After checking if this is not a file permission-issue,
    a quick test you can do is to create a copy of one of the installed shx fonts, e.g. 'copy-of-simplex.shx', and place that file in the same folder as the shx that fails to load, then start BricsCAD and check if 'copy-of-simplex.shx' is listed properly: if so the shx that fails to load is corrupt.
  • Thanks Alexandru & Hans. You guys are GREAT. It was nothing more than a file permission problem.
    Everything is running great now.

Problem solved!!!
This discussion has been closed.