BricsCAD crashes when moving entities to frozen layer

BricsCAD crashes when moving entities to frozen layer. Has anybody come across this. The version we're using is 15.1.16 (x64) revision 36734, but none of my colleagues seem to have the same problem. Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Verena

Comments

• I have not seen this problem.  I would suggest upgrading to the current version, 15.2.08-1.  If the problem continues after upgrading I would suggest filing a support request. 
  • Please try with actual V15.2. ... probably this will help :-)
    Many greetings !
  • If I recall correctly, moving entities to a frozen layer has been possible since at least Version 13. As with your colleagues, I've been able to change a selection to a frozen layer with no issues.

One possible thing to check is the state of the bit-field under Program options | User preferences | Warning messages. There's a check box to control the display of a warning message when moving entities to a frozen layer. It may be possible that something associated with displaying that message is what's triggering the crash and unchecking the option box will suppress the fault.

Also might want to run the command REDSDKINFO and examine the resulting output. There could be something associated with that message box popping up and a video driver bug.
  • Dear everyone,

Thanks for all the responses, and the winning advice came from... Richard Webb! I've turned off the Warning Messages for moving entities to a frozen/off layer, which did the trick! I don't mind not having the warning info, but if the crashing can be resolved with the messages on , that would be ideal (but I'm happy either way).

The REDSDKINFO command triggered the following gobbledigoo to be displayed, not sure if that's helpful to get to the bottom of the issue?

Hardware rendering is not supported on this machine. BricsCAD is falling back to software rendering.
    RedSDK product version: 3.5 (build 2)
    RenderUsingHardware: Hybrid hardware mode.
    OpenGL window creation failed. RedSDK will always fall back to software mode.
    Operating system: Win_seven64
    Local GPU:
        GPU information:
            name:     'Microsoft Remote Desktop environment'
            chipset:  'NONE'
            class:    'HW_VIRTUAL_GENERIC'
            asicID:   '0xf00d'
            vendorID: '0xbaad'
            recommended driver: 'Virtual software driver'
        Installed driver:
            driver:      'Virtual software driver'
            dll version: ''
            validation: 'You are using a virtual machine. Please switch to software rendering.'
            Installed driver is up-to-date.
    Selected GPU:
        Chipset: HW_GENERIC
        Vendor:  ( )
        OpenGL version:
        Renderer:
        OpenGL extensions:

Again, thanks everyone for your efforts, much appreciated!

• Huzzah! Glad that it worked. Now, there's one more thing left to do. Please file a support request outlining the problem and the work-around. Doing so should ensure that the issue gets into the official bug list where the developers can track it down and squash it.

Just out of curiosity, what happens if you trigger another warning message from that same list? The easiest is probably the "Saving to previous version" warning, which should trigger by saving even a blank drawing in, say, R14 format.
  • pre { direction: ltr; color: rgb(0, 0, 10); line-height: 115%; text-align: left; }pre.western { font-family: "Liberation Mono","Courier New",serif; }pre.cjk { font-family: "Droid Sans Fallback"; }pre.ctl { font-family: "Liberation Mono","Courier New"; }p { margin-bottom: 0.25cm; direction: ltr; color: rgb(0, 0, 10); line-height: 120%; text-align: left; }p.western { font-family: "Calibri",serif; font-size: 11pt; }p.cjk { font-family: "Droid Sans Fallback"; font-size: 11pt; }p.ctl { font-family: "Calibri"; font-size: 11pt; }a:link { color: rgb(0, 0, 255); }
    Get Finance Homework Help or Assistance in Accounting from certifiedexperts. 24/7 assistance at reasonable prices. No registrationrequired.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!