No previews in Material Library

openSUSE 13.2 64-bit KDE4.14, BricsCAD-V15.1.21-1.

The materials preview window is empty, although the 620 preview jpg files are installed and correctly pointed at in the Files setting.
Also, sqlite 3.8.6 from openSUSE repo is installed.
I've opened a support request 6 & 1/2 months ago but no solution yet.

Is someone having this issue too?

TIA

Screenshot of sample dwg showing the empty Library Materials preview section attached.
I had to manually copy the texture folders from a windows installation for them to show in the Drawiing Materials section.

Comments

• Hi Bruno,

I had problem with material library location on my Fedora system - I had to manually tweak the location. But materiel previews are shown OK on my system.
    May I ask, how do you set up lighting to see the materials? I would like to have visual style, which would show textures, but wouldn't need lights setup - something like sketchup viewport. In Bricscad, I have to use realistic visual style to see textures, but one has to setup lights, which is unnecessary work for me - I don't create visualizatons in BricsCAD.

TOm
  • Thomas,

AFAIR, when not defined, the standard light is of the distant kind, coming from your point of view, i.e., perpendicular to the screen. This is form my AutoCAD rendering days, the snapshot I posted is of the sample drawing and textures that come with BricsCAD 15 for windows - there's some stuff in the windows version that doesn't come with the linux one, not sure why.

Edit: got it! The preview folder was set to /opt/bricsys/bricscad/v15/RenderMaterialStatic/previews, in BricsCAD File settings, but it has to be set to the parent folder, .../RenderMaterialStatic, where the database is.

Thank you for your input :)
  • Thomas,

AFAIR, when not defined, the standard light is of the distant kind, coming from your point of view, i.e., perpendicular to the screen. This is form my AutoCAD rendering days, the snapshot I posted is of the sample drawing and textures that come with BricsCAD 15 for windows - there's some stuff in the windows version that doesn't come with the linux one, not sure why.

Edit: got it! The preview folder was set to /opt/bricsys/bricscad/v15/RenderMaterialStatic/previews, in BricsCAD File settings, but it has to be set to the parent folder, .../RenderMaterialStatic, where the database is.

Thank you for your input :)

Hi,
    I am glad you solved your problem.

It's strange. In ma last project I tried using textures I had to set up some lights to see them. I tried now and and didn't have to setup lights. There is the default lighting.

TOm
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!