Output 2d drawings to HTML5

Has anyone found a way to publish or export a 2D drawing to HTML5?  Or is there a plan to offer this as a format?  Autodesk 360 is effectively doing this albeit as a subscription service as opposed to delivering the file in a useful consumable format.

Comments

• I'd give this one a try and see if it does what you need, it was one of the first hits in a quick Google search - apparently it lets you convert a DXF file into HTML 5 vectors...

• Perhaps use _EXPORT and select SVG format?

Regards, Jason Bourhill CAD Concepts 

FloorPlan.svg

• Interesting. I've not needed SVG recently and so haven't played with it much. However, when doing an SVGOUT from 15.2.08(64) I seem get a bitmap file rather than a vector format.

Your floorplan.svg opens up as vectors in MSIE and Libre Office Draw. The drawing1.svg below is a bitmap in MSIE and doesn't even render in Draw. Curious. The resulting command line dialog is

: _export
    : (setq oldFileDia (getvar "filedia"))1
    : (setvar "filedia" 0)0
    : _svgout
    Enter file name:: C:\tmp\Drawing1.svg
    LineWeight scale <1.0>:1.000000
    Floating point precision <6>:6
    ImageBase :
    ImageUrl <./>:
    Default image extension <.png>:.png
    GenericFontFamily :sans-serif
    Output height (in points) <768>:768
    Output width (in points) <1024>:1024
    Use hidden line removing for according viewports :Yes
    Use blended gradients for complex gradient fill :Yes
    : (setvar "filedia" oldFileDia)1

The "Default image extension" looked suspicious but changing that to ".svg" got me just an X-ed box in MSIE and nothing better in Draw.

Wonder what the difference is?

Drawing1.dwgDrawing1.svg

• Its due to the drawings visual style being set to a rendered style. As soon as you move away from 2dwireframe the output is rendered as a bitmap. I believe this happens with printing as well.

Attach your drawing with the visual style changed to 2dwireframe.

Regards, Jason Bourhill CAD Concepts

Drawing1-2DWireframe.svg

• Yes, that does the trick. Interesting. It makes sense, looking at it after the fact, that if one wants vector objects on the output then the source view should also be strictly vectors. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.