how to dimension side of cylinder

Hi,

I set up two views of a cylindrical soild object.  I have no trouble adding diameter dimensions to the top view (round).  However, for the side view (rectangular profile) I cannot seem to pick any entities when trying to do dim ver.  I want to show the height of the cylinder.

Please see attached screen shot for clarification.

Thanks.

Comments

• How about:
    1. Look from: Front
    2. Dimlinear+Quadrant+Quadrant
  •  In my v14, I have occasionally had issues snapping to parts of a cylinder.  I found that I needed to be on a isometric type of view, so that I could click where there was a tessellation line. Tessellation lines are the lines the display shows, which run the length of the cylinder.  But, I think that snapping to the quadrant was the answer you were seeking.  But, if for some reason the quadrant snap is not working, then my statement above is the issue.

-Joe
  • Thanks Roy for suggesting quadrant.  That worked.  LOOKFROM got an error message about not being implemented yet.

Joe, I did not run into the problem of needing isometric.  I am running 14.2.17.  But, there happens to be a tessellation line where I am dimensioning.

Eric
    imagetessellation lines.png
    imagedid dim cyl side.png
  • I should have explained better. 'LookFrom' is a toolbar in V14. It has been replaced by the LookFrom control in V15. The command name is '-VIEW'.
This discussion has been closed.