Toolpalettes

Hello.

As I´m not sure when Bricsys is going to solve the situation of not beeing able to group palettes I tried something on my own:
I made toolbuttons with the following commands:

^C^C_toolpalettepath;D:/00--Bricscad Support/Support/ToolPalettes/Bauteile;
^C^C_toolpalettepath;D:/00--Bricscad Support/Support/ToolPalettes/Möbel;
etc.

In the toolpalette-map I had to create maps for each group I defined with the buttons and had to put the .btc in each map.

It actually works, but each time I´m changing the palettegroup via my toolbuttons Bricscad is loading the chosen palette (or just the pictures?) again, which takes a lot of time.

Does anyone have a solution?

Mark: I already asked the support, but they won´t help as they are going to release an update "soon" with updates for the toolpalettes.
I don´t know what "soon" means and I don´t know whats new on the toolpalettes, so I still want to try to get my solution running.

Thanks in advance.

Sascha

Comments

• Hi Sascha

V15 toolpalettes are slow to load because it doesn't cache the images, it rebuilds them each session and on switching the TOOLPALETTEPATH. I've already raised a support request on this (SR63305), and its flagged as fixed. I expect you'll see it resolved in the next update.

In the meantime if you have V14 installed you can use it to generate the toolpalette images.

An alternative to toolbar buttons is to incorporate the switching tool into the toolpallete itself.

Regards, Jason Bourhill CAD Concepts 
  • Hello Jason.

How do you incorporate the switching tool into the toolpallete itself?

Thank you.

Sascha

• Assuming you have already created the tool in the CUI. Right click on it, and select the option to 'Add to the Current Toolpalette'

imageCUI-ToolPalette.png
  • Hello Jason,

as I already had the toolbuttons for my group, adding the tools to an paölette doesn´t change the problem,
    or do I missunderstand something?

Thanks.

Sascha
  • Hello Jason,

as I already had the toolbuttons for my group, adding the tools to an paölette doesn´t change the problem,
    or do I missunderstand something?

Thanks.

Sascha

Hi Sascha, No it doesn't change anything. I was just presenting it as an alternative, or additional option to just having a toolbar.

This discussion has been closed.