Freeze Alll Layers

I would like to be able to freeze all layers except the current layer. Is there a command or a change that I can make to the Freeze Layer command to do this.

Comments

• Try,

-LAYER Freeze *
    This will freeze all layers except the current, which can't be frozen.

As LISP
    [code](defun C:FreezeAll () (command "._-LAYER" "_F" "*" ""))[/code]

Regards, Jason Bourhill CAD Concepts
  • Or, as Sascha pointed out recently, you can create an alias directly to that function and then you won't have to use lisp files. To do that, open the Aliases tab of the Customize window, click on Add, and enter whatever you want as the alias and the following as the command:
    [code](command "-Layer" "freeze" "*" "")[/code]
    That's an old way of writing the code. Jason's way of writing it is probably more up to date.
  • Dear Ted
    Please have a look at the tools on the Layers toolbar. One of them is ISOLATE LAYER, which allows to display only the layer(s) of a selected entity or entities. Because you can choose whether to turn the other layers OFF or LOCK them, you need to adjust this setting first. Choose the SETTINGS option of the LAYISO command, and choose OFF or LOCK. The LAYON  command brings back all layers, the LAYULK command unlocks all layers. See the Command Reference for more information on the LAYER commands.
    Kind regards

• What you want is as you say freeze all. If you dont freeze you may start interacting wit items in invisible (nonfrozen) windows. SCARY STUFF! Moving by window may move invisible lines etc. 

I have made my own Icons with "freeze all" , "freeze one (pick)", Unfreeze all" I find thats what I use most.

•  I have several icons I created with functions like Freeze all and thaw all. However, since BricsCAD implemented the layer states, I use those icons less frequently.  Rather, I have created icons to restore layer state #1 and #2.  Then, in any drawing I am using I will create those layers states named "1" and "2".  Then, those are the ones I use for short term toggling between the layer settings. 

I do still often use icons I created to freeze all layers with the word "DIM" in it.

-Joe
  •  I should add that I modified my freeze-all macro to thaw the 0 layer.  This because I insert the complex blocks on layer 0, and I draw almost nothing on layer 0.  When I say "complex block" this typically is a block of a drawing by a customer that has many layers to it.  Most of my personal blocks are on one layer (0) and so those entities take on the layer where it is inserted. So, my door blocks are inserted into the doors layer.

-Joe
This discussion has been closed.