settings command

Hi all
After installing new version I cannot run settings command. BC write - file not found -settings.xml.
What is location of this file to run it?
Thanks for an answer

Comments

• The settings.xml file should be copied from the datacache in program directory to your user folder(to be more precise AppData\Roaming\Bricsys\BricsCAD\V15x64\en_US\Support in your user folder).
    Either the copying didn't happen, or your searchpath points elsewhere.
  • I have it in this folder, but BC writes that it`s not found. Is there a way to tell to BC where is the file?
    Thanks

• Please create a supportrequest for this if it isn't fixed yet, and include the value of SRCHPATH as well as the path of your userfolder with the settings.xml file.
  • YESSSSSSSSSSSS !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    SCRCHPATH - that is THE command I was looking for :-)
    Thanks a lot, now its working
    Have a nice day
  • This has happened to me also. Reformated & re-installed Brics. Loaded my profile but settings command doesn't work because under the profile it's pointing to old path. How can I fix this using SRCHPATH? I'm not an xml expert! Thanks ahead for any comments.
  • You can reset your SRCHPATH to BricsCAD defaults by typing the following LISP in at the command line
    [code](setenv "ACAD" "")[/code]

Essentially this deletes your SRCHPATH. BricsCAD sees this, and immediately rebuilds with defaults. After that you would then need to go into SETTINGS to add back in any user paths you may have.

Regards, Jason Bourhill CAD Concepts 
  • You may need to close and restart BricsCAD for these changes to take effect.

Regards, Jason Bourhill CAD Concepts 
  • Thanks Jason! I'm just going to have to do a better job of preparing for a reformat!
This discussion has been closed.