mkltype command

Does Briscad have a similar command to create complex
 linetypes

Comments

• The free Express Tools includes mkltype

•  Thanks.  Where to I go to get these free express tools?
  • Check out "Store" above: Application Catalog / Free Tools.
  •  On both my laptop and desktop systems with Bricscad v14, I have never been successful in getting the mkltype command of the express tools working.  I get the error in the attached screen grab.  It is not English, so I don't know what it says.

-Joe
    imageMkltype error.jpg
  • From Google translate:

Tip: You should set the global LTSCALE to 1 ! ( Command LTSCALE / _LTSCALE ; aka LK )

I haven't tried the Express Tools so I don't know if there is any problem other than this.
  •  Thanks for the effort to help.  I have now set my ltscale=1, but there are more errors.  Here is a copy of the command prompt from my test.
    ============================================
    : MKLTYPE
    Enter linetype name: test1
    Enter linetype description: just testing
    Specify starting point for line definition: 
    Specify ending point for line definition: 
    Select entities: 
    Opposite Corner: 
    Select entities: 

; ----- LISP : Call Stack -----
    ; [0]...C:MKLTYPE
    ; [1].....MKLTYPE_FORMAT2 <<-- </div>
    ;
    ; ----- Error around expression -----
    (STRCAT B A)
    ;* bad argument type ; expected at [STRCAT]
    ============================================

My entities are two lines, with some text.  The font is "standard" with the "txt.shx" font file. I get the same error if I only select the two lines.
    My guess is that I am doing something wrong, and the program just is not doing a good job of telling me what I should do.  Any suggestions about how to work around this error?

-Joe
  • Maybe you should try    http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=47058.0     You may have to do a free sign-up.  theswamp.org is an excellent place for help in programming for Autocad and Bricscad.

• Nice find Martin.
    I was there earlier, but didn't find that routine.
This discussion has been closed.