spacenavigator in BricsCad

Hi @ all,
I want to use my 3dconnexion Space Navigator in BricsCad.
Support for this device should be given since V12 and I installed the driver "spaceavd" from packet-manager. In Blender the Navigator works well, but in BricsCad not.
Does anybody know what to do?
Thanks in advance

OS is Debian wheezy

Comments

• Hi Alexander,

Support for Space Navigator 3d mouse is not implemented on Linux currently.
    Recently, we did enable it on Mac though and given that our Mac and Linux implementations share significant parts of code, adding support for Linux might not be too difficult. But we still need to plan and allocate time for it. Please file a support request for this so we can better track interest in the feature on Linux and adjust priorities.

Best regards,
    Alexandru Branescu.
  • I too would find the Space Navigator 3D mouse on Linux Bricscad most useful. Please take a serious look at the possibilities.
  • Hi Alexandru,

thanks for reply!! I already wrote a support request.
    System variable in given but don't work.
    Please, please do so and enable this really cool 3D device for the Linux people :-)

BR
    Alex
  • Hi Alexander

Sorry for hijacking your thread with an off-topic question.

We are on Ubuntu 12.04  at our office and an upgrade to a new OS/version is pending. We are considering switching to Debian stable instead of Ubuntu LTS because of the superior testing/stability/build quality of Debian and are interested in getting some feedback about running BricsCAD from current Debian users.

If you like to share some of your experience, feel free to write a few words to mikael@openstudio.se

Thank you
    /Mikael
This discussion has been closed.