Is it possible to modify the "U" alias?

I need to change the "U" alias - which by default stands for "UNDO".  Need to assign the "U" letter using LISP to another functionality. Unfortunately when I start my LISP it correctly  overwrites  all single letters of the alphabet except the "U". The "U" letter is not even listed in PGP file and I cannot find any way how to change it via "CUSTOMIZE" either - because the single "U" is not listed in Command Aliases table.

Please help

Petr

Comments

• Hello.

You can create a new alias for "u".
    Should be something like "add" on the bottom of the window left. (I have a german version so in my case it´s "hinzufügen" - see attached screenshot)

Sascha
    imageScreenshot_2.jpg
  • 'U' is not an alias for 'UNDO'.  'U' and 'UNDO' are different commands which do different things.  You could try using the UNDEFINE command in lisp for '_.U' then (defun c:u ()... to create a new function for 'U'. 
  • Hello.

You can create a new alias for "u".
    Should be something like "add" on the bottom of the window left. (I have a german version so in my case it´s "hinzufügen" - see attached screenshot)

Sascha

Thanks Sascha, unfortunately it does not work in my English version of V15 Pro, since it says "Cannot use the name U for an alias because it already exists as a command".

It seems to me, that for some reason there are two names for "go back" command in English: "UNDO" and "U". And I do not know how to get rid of that "U". I would hate to install some national version in order to accomplish that. 

• 'U' is not an alias for 'UNDO'.  'U' and 'UNDO' are different commands which do different things.  You could try using the UNDEFINE command in lisp for '_.U' then (defun c:u ()... to create a new function for 'U'. 

It works :) thanks a lot Martin
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!