Replace on Attributed Block With Another

Hello:

I have a pile of drawings that I need to update (about 200 of them), I would like to change a block from one format to another, both blocks contain attributes and they have different names, the insertion points are one thing that will be changing, is there a lisp routine that I can use to insert the block and copy the attributes from the old block to the new and then be prompted for the insertion point?

Comments

•  I had a similar situation  where I had a new title block with a different insertion point.  I used a utility I found to copy the attributes, but the different insertion point meant that I had to manually move the block.  In my case, it was only a few drawings, plus around 30 layouts.  So, I just did it manually.

For 200 drawings, if you can do the operation using text only, then you can use a script.  I am not certain what you mean by, "both blocks contain attributes and they have different names"  Do the blocks have different names, or the attributes?

-Joe
  •  Thanks for the tip Joe, I will see what is around online.  That should read both blocks have different names, but they have the same attributes and attribute names.  I will look into writing a script to make the changes.
This discussion has been closed.