Mtext editing window covers text in v14

For at least a week now, when ever I edit Mtext, the editing bar (I don't know what it is properly called) covers the top line or two of the text.  I don't know what triggered this change of behavior. 

At first I was guessing that the program was somehow remembering where the editing bar was located, and I just needed to manually place it properly, and it would be fixed. But, it now consistently places the editing bar incorrect.  I can't get it to remember the correct location.

Any ideas?

-Joe

Comments

• Does the problem persist if you start with a fresh temporary profile and a new 'empty' drawing?
  •  I tried your suggestion, and now I am even more puzzled. I just discovered why I had always been frustrated by the profiles feature. It turns out that you must exit and then restart BricsCAD to make a profile take effect.  Is that the intended behavior of profiles?

In regards to the Mtext editing bar, I started what I thought was a new profile (or at least I tried to, but didn't restart BricsCAD) and realized my description of the behavior may have been incorrect.  In my effort to do that test with what I thought was a new profile,  the editing bar will properly position itself if the text is far enough away from the top of the cad window.  But, the gap must be double the height of the text editing bar, which looks like a bug.  

I don't recall this behavior before, and think it may not have been like that before, but I am not confident.  And, since I don't think I truly started a new profile, I didn't actually follow your recommendation.  So, that would seem to argue that the behavior has always been like this.

Anyway, thank you.  At least I understand how to work with how the program is behaving, both with Mtext and with profiles.

-Joe
This discussion has been closed.