Section view issue

Attached is a dwg file of a plenum dryer. I got feedback earlier on the sheet metal layouts for this but now I'm trying to get a section view with the plane running down the middle length-wise but have been unable to do so. Keep getting "funny" 3D errors, maybe I'm going about creating the section plane wrong - not real experienced with it. Anyways I thought if someone had time they could try it and see how if it works or not.

On a side note creating a section view for a model is not real straight-forward for me so if someone could outline some steps it would be greatly appreciated, it's a hit or miss type thing. Thanks ahead for any input!

Comments

• Attached is a dwg file of a plenum dryer. I got feedback earlier on the sheet metal layouts for this but now I'm trying to get a section view with the plane running down the middle length-wise but have been unable to do so. Keep getting "funny" 3D errors, maybe I'm going about creating the section plane wrong - not real experienced with it. Anyways I thought if someone had time they could try it and see how if it works or not.

On a side note creating a section view for a model is not real straight-forward for me so if someone could outline some steps it would be greatly appreciated, it's a hit or miss type thing. Thanks ahead for any input!

Well, under 15.3.05 I'm getting some errors as well, using either SECTIONPLANE or VIEWSECTION:
      Modeling operation error:
      inconsistent edge-face relationships
      Modeling operation error:
      system inconsistency processing edge coincidence

I was able to brute-force a section the old fashioned way by making a sufficiently large box and subtracting it from the model. When I did that, I did notice that there are some stray bits of "surface" floating around inside the plenum. Those may be what are throwing the error.

The lazy man's way of sectioning in model space may be to SECTIONPLANE and choose Orthographic for a plane normal to the selected direction. From there the plane can be moved, if required, just like an ordinary object.
    imagesection.jpg
  • Thanks Richard, I'll probably do as you outlined and make a box & subtract. This model was imported over from Creo so stands to reason there would be some floating "debris" causing the problem.
This discussion has been closed.