Drawing Open only on specific PC

Hello,
          I am new to bricscad.I have bricscad drawing.i want that drawing open only on specific PC which is specified by me.only in specified PC that drawing will be open not other pC can open that drawing.plz tell me any solution for this.Its Uregent..

Thanks

Comments

•  Hi Rohini,
    I have a similar request for anyone - I have lots of pictures on my computer that I only want me to see and no one else - can you also help? ;)
  •  Hello Admin,
                    I want to open my drawing file in 10 or 15 pcs. i want to check the mac address of pc & if mac address matchs then only drawing will be open otherwise no.

Thanks
  • The only way you can secure a drawing is to protect it with a password. Choose Drawing Utilities > Security Options in the file menu to define a password.

• Password protection would still seem to be the best approach.  If you could somehow lock that drawing to your computer, then when that computer dies, you will no longer be able to use the drawing.   Though, if the drawing is not edited regularly, you might keep a pre-locked version somewhere else.

Maybe there are other approaches you can use.  

1) I don't recall if there is any way to embed a macro into a dwg. If there is, then that macro might check the identity of the computer, and then automatically close the drawing if it is not the correct computer.  But, to get this to work, you may have to reduce the security settings on your computer.

2) Keep the DWG on a flash drive, and take the flash drive with you when you are away from your computer.  Though, it might be risky to remove the flash drive without closing the drawing and properly unmounting the flash drive.

3) You might create a password protected partition on your hard drive and just be faithful to log-out whenever you are away from your computer.

-Joe
  •  I just had another thought about the macro idea (assuming it is viable).  The weakness of it, is that even if you cannot directly open the drawing, you could insert the drawing into another drawing like a block, and then explode it.

-Joe
  • There is no way to trigger a macro, lisp or reactor automatically upon opening a drawing, were the trigger is stored within the drawing itself.  As Louis stated the password is the only method to use.
  • You could put it in the "on-doc-load.lsp" file. Then it would run automatically when any drawing file is opened.
    So you'd have to have the lisp function check and see whether this is the drawing file in question.
  •  It is better to end this discussion. There definitely is no way to open a drawing on a specific set of computers only. As said before, password protection is the only solution to prevent a drawing from being opened by unauthorized people.
  •  The "on-doc-load.lsp" method would only be able to limit drawing access on a specific machine.  If the drawing is taken to another machine, they can open it.

I can see why password protection of drawings can be a pain if you regularly open and close drawing. But, entering the password for a protected directory is a once-a-day event, and should be easy to implement on your personal computer. 

-Joe
  •  here is an idea - create a custom lisp routine that scrambles a drawing according to entity specifics: scaling, rotating, moving, etc based on original coordinates. Have a routine that unscrambles similarly. Make sure those routines are encrypted and run only on machines with specific MAC addresses. Make sure the drawing is opened and saved using those routines to encrypt the drawing via your custom method.
  • Thanks To All

I also want to know ..How to develop C#.net application that run on startupof bricscad??????????
    Thanks
This discussion has been closed.