Duplex Printing - 2 sided printing

Is there any way to duplex print/2 sided print from bricscad?

I have set up my paperspace sheets (2x A3 sheets, Both Portrait) for publishing.

I can plot a multi sheet pdf no worries, but I don't want to have to plot a PDF then print the PDF 2-sided (This is meant to be a time saving exercise).

Currently I am printing the front, then putting that sheet back in the printer and printing the back - Not fun when the printer is at the other end of the office!

The default settings for the printer are set to duplex print.

Any Help is greatly appreciated!!!

Comments

•  We discourage  printing from BricsCAD to the printer/plotter, in favour of printing everything to PDF first in a directory called "latest PDFs" so that the latest copy of any developing drawing is available for those not able to plot from CAD (so the draftsmen are not bugged for copies). I can't think when I last printed from BCAD to a printer? I have never printed double sided - is there a special reason for this?
  • Thanks for the reply.

We create land survey plans.

The property boundaries are on the front and land information, titles, dealing numbers, etc is on the back. It has to be done this way due to the Land Title Act 1994.

The current method seems a bit archaic - It's 2015! This should be simple...

Any ideas?

• Hi Rowan,

You need to create a printer configuration file (PC3) which allows you to save custom settings such as duplex printing. To do this
    • Run PRINT
    • Select your preferred printer from printer drop down.
    • Pick the Edit plotter configuration button beside the preferred printer.
    • Adjust custom settings, such as duplex.
    • Save this configuration to a PC3 e.g. -Duplex.
    To use simply select this configuration from the printer drop down.

Louis did a series on Printing for Bricsys.TV. Part-4 dealt with printer configuration files.

Regards, Jason Bourhill CAD Concepts 
This discussion has been closed.