layer manager

Hi all:In autocad in v.14 you had in the bonus menu the LAYER MANAGER and in the v.2000 is already included as standard menu.It is very useful to organaize groups of layers and bring them with the restore order.Is there in Intellicad the same procedure? or a lisp and menu that do this ?I receive from my consultants many times , files with many layers that come organized with grouped layers, and evey time i have to organize it with the layer explorer.Thank you in advance for your adviceNAHUM

Comments

• Hello, try visit this page: http://autolisp.3utilities.com. Here you can find some usefull utilities.Vladimir

• thank you Vladimir:I already installed the llib.lisp but it only imports and exports layers.It doesn't organize them in groups and restore them when you need aparticular group of layers.i think it ia a pitty that BricsCad didn't include it in the last version (3.1.0009).Thank you for your collaboration.Nahum

• Hi, all!The best Layer Manager for IntelliCAD (like AutoCAD R14) made by David Trotz Jr.(dtrozjr@inreach.com).It's VBA application and worked fine up to v.2.xxx of Bricsnet IntelliCAD, include IntelliCAD 98. If you can't get it anywhere, post your e-mail and I'll send you.

• The LLIB routine saves and restores layer states (groups) through the SNAPSHOT option. Also, the routine should not be confused with a layer manager a la Autocad's built-in command. The purpose is to help manage complex layer structures (where layer names may not be self-explanatory) by functioning as a library for those layers. From the library, layers can be set current or objects can be changed to a selected layer. The function to export and inport layers is not a part of the basic functionality, it is meant as an aide when deploying a particular layer structure across an organization/multiple users.

This discussion has been closed.