EXISTING FONTS

When I open an existing Autocad drawing in version 3.1.0009 some of the fonts default to txt.shx even though the proper fonts are loaded into the FONTS folder for Intellicad 2000. If I open this drawing up in Icad 98 all text shows the proper font. If the drawing is created in Intellicad 3.1.0009 than the fonts show up properly all the time. This only happens with Autocad drawings I get from my clients, This is costing me a lot of time because I'm having to go through and change the font. What is the program doing wrong or what am I doing wrong?

Comments

• IntelliCAD uses a font map to substitute fonts, in order to handle some difficulties regarding the import of some font types. To bypass this process place an empty ASCII text file ICAD.FMP in the IntelliCAD program folder.

• Bricscad IntelliCAD does not use the old intellicad 98 fonts. IntelliCAD 98 used ic-complex.shx instead of complex.shx.Bricscad IntelliCAD does the reverse: it replaces ic-complex.shx by complex.shx. So both the (installed)fonts and the fontmap icad.fmp are different.

• Thanks ,I checked the Bricscad 3.1.0009 program files for Icad.fmp and couldn't find it. So I copied the icad.fmp file from Icad98 to 3.1.0009 and everything seems to be working fine. Why did they change the icad.fmp file anyway and does that cause conflicts with early versions of Icad and Autocad text fonts?

This discussion has been closed.