incorrect display and printing line styles

Hey,
it happens to me sometimes that my line styles will be lost when you open a drawing. These line styles are in the xref .For example, a fence line is displayed in the xref ( and printed ) as a dotted line.How can I fix this and how can I prevent it ?

Comments

•  I have occasionally had problems with linetypes failing to display. This was without any Xrefs.  I never found a good solution to the problem when it starts up, and even exiting and restarting BricsCAD did not resolve it.  But, I have not seen the issue in a long time, so the latest V14 may have resolved the issue.

As for your issue, one guess will be that the LTSCALE setting of your current drawing is the cause. I have no idea how the Xref and the host drawing settings for LTSCALE interact.

-Joe
  • This sounds like a VISRETAIN issue. Usually you want VISRETAIN to be ON, meaning that changes to xref dependent layers are stored in the drawing and override the layer settings in the xref. If you don't want this behavior you have to switch VISRETAIN OFF in the drawing that contains the xref.
This discussion has been closed.