Switching Workspaces Based on Entity Counts

I find that during the course of the day I will switch between workspaces maybe 30 times, I am building a 3D model and from that generating views which are then exported and then cut and pasted into another 2D drawing where they are cleaned up and annotated.

I was thinking about a lisp routine that would quickly look at the entities in a drawing, if the count of 3D entities was greater than the number of 2D entities a 3D workspace could be set current and vice versa.  The end goal would be to open or switch to a drawing, this lisp would then run, counting the entities and then apply the appropriate workspace.  What are your thoughts?

Comments

• .....I was thinking about a lisp routine that would quickly look at the entities in a drawing, if the count of 3D entities was greater than the number of 2D entities a 3D workspace could be set current and vice versa.  The end goal would be to open or switch to a drawing, this lisp would then run, counting the entities and then apply the appropriate workspace.  What are your thoughts?

Settle! Lie down with a cold beer and the feeling will go away.
  • Wouldn't you rather make that decision yourself, and not just when opening a file? You could have a toggle command that finds out which workspace you're using and switches to the other one.
This discussion has been closed.