Cannot install trial

I keep getting this message when I try to install the trial: installation directory must be on a local hard drive

And it is!..

What can I do?

Thanks

Comments

•  Are you running the install from the same hard drive that you are attempting to install it on?
  •  I downloaded the BricsCAD-V16.1.02-1-en_US(x64).msi to C:\BricsCAD and try to inatall from there, but still have the same message: "installation directory must be on a local hard drive"
  • Hello,

this is the user forum, where you can get help from peer users.

To get help from Bricsys support analysts, please file a support request, we will be glad to help out.
    Please be informed that also during evaluation of our software you are entitled to file support requests.

Kind regards
  •  I just do not find any place to fill a support request!.
    When I click on support I get a general page... notthing more. Could you please indicate the link to your support request? Thanks

PS I am trying to buy your software... but it looks quite dificult to do it
  • Hi,

when you click on "support" on the website you will get a page with the main support categories.
    Choose the applicable category (and sub-category if available) to see if there are frequently asked questions or knowledge base articles available for your question.
    If you don't find any items or a solution in your selected category there will be a button to place a support request for that particular category.

Kind regards,
    Sven

• Just a thought:  There seem to be a significant number of posts, including some from long-time users, that the new format for the web site design is not as easy to use as the old site design.  I know that with the new design every time I've wanted to file a support request or look at the documentation I've had go on a "hunting expedition".  With the older design both were very easy to find.  The new design is pretty, but it is counter-intuitive.  I believe that ease of use needs to be the priority for the web site, and the new web site design is definitely not easy to use.
  •  @Jorge
    As my colleague Sven already mentioned, filing of a new support request is done by navigating to a specific category on the support page.
    This allows us to categorize new support request, avoid duplicate support requests for FAQ and improve our response times by dispatching the support request faster to the right analyst. Since the introduction of the new support system last year, we've improved the support request response time with more than 25%.

@H Martin
    The usability of our website is important. I would like to know what you experience as hard to find or missing compared to the old website.
  •  Thenk you. So far, I did what you told me to do, and finally found the support contact and sent a support request this morning. But I had no reply...
  • @ Sander,

What I remember for the old web site was that there was a readily visible link named DOCUMENTATION.  It was clearly labeled, was easy to see, and was visible in the part of the home page that is visible without scrolling.  The button for filing a support request was easy to find and was prominent.

With the new web site I have to scroll to the bottom of the page to find DOCUMENTATION in the site index, then I have to scroll down again on the documentation page because the part of the page that is initially visible is for Ralph's book and the actual user documentation links are not visible.  I've needed the link to Ralph's book once.  I need the documentation links several times a month. 

For support requests there is are instructions on the support page, but the instructions are not easy to see and they are not very clear.  I just asked my one of my staff (18, a magna cum laude student, and very computer literate) to try to file a bug report.  He spent about two minutes trying to find a link on the main page before I told him to click on SUPPORT.  On the support page he completely missed the instructions for support requests.  Even after I pointed out the instructions he still had trouble getting to a link for a support request.

The old web site was very user friendly and was easy to use.  The new layout makes the things I need to do my job hard to find or hard to do.  I should not have to click through several pages or scroll through several pages to find things.  I should not have to guess which link to click.  Bug reports are a prime example.  I have to take time away from value added work to file a bug report.  If you make it hard to find the link to file a support request I'm not as inclined to spend the time to file reports.  That's not a good thing for either me or Bricscad.  I have no objection to the new system for support requests (other than many of my issues do not fit neatly in the categories you provide), but it needs to be easy to use.  The old site was, in my opinion, very user friendly.  The new site is not.  I find it very frustrating and I frequently cannot find what I am looking for, or if I do find the information it takes far longer than it should.
  •  Concerning the initial post, I received the answer from support and now I was abble to install the software. In case someone needs it, here is it:

1. 1. Open an administrative command prompt (Right-Click on the windows icon and press Command prompt (Admin))

2. 2. In the command prompt, type  msiexec.exe /i "C:\Bricscad\BricsCAD-V16.1.02-1-en_US(x64).msi"  (provided that you downloaded the bricscad installer in C:\Bricscad, the full path to the msi is required here.)
  • What I remember for the old web site was that there was a readily visible link named DOCUMENTATION.  It was clearly labeled, was easy to see, and was visible in the part of the home page that is visible without scrolling.  The button for filing a support request was easy to find and was prominent.

With the new web site I have to scroll to the bottom of the page to find DOCUMENTATION in the site index, then I have to scroll down again on the documentation page because the part of the page that is initially visible is for Ralph's book and the actual user documentation links are not visible.  I've needed the link to Ralph's book once.  I need the documentation links several times a month.  

Hi Martin,
    The DOCUMENTATION option can be reached as a sub-option from the BricsCAD menu item (at top), similarly as it used to be at the 'old' site version.

Best regards,
    Miguel
  • @ Miguel:

Thanks for pointing that out. 

My concern is that with the new web site design is not user friendly remains.  How would a new user know to look in the BricsCAD menu to find documentation?  When a new user opens the documentation page and all he sees is an ad for a book how will he know to scroll down to find a link to the actual documentation?  For users looking for help with a program they have already purchased the old design was much easier to navigate and it was much easier to find things.  For me and my staff the new site design has a very poor user experience and it is very hard to use. 
  • @ Miguel:
    ...How would a new user know to look in the BricsCAD menu to find documentation?  When a new user opens the documentation page and all he sees is an ad for a book how will he know to scroll down to find a link to the actual documentation?  For users looking for help with a program they have already purchased the old design was much easier to navigate and it was much easier to find things.  For me and my staff the new site design has a very poor user experience and it is very hard to use. 
    Hi Martin,

I'll suggest Sander to take a closer look into your comments.

Thanks for the contribution,
    Miguel
  • @ Miguel:

Thanks for pointing that out. 

My concern is that with the new web site design is not user friendly remains.  How would a new user know to look in the BricsCAD menu to find documentation?  When a new user opens the documentation page and all he sees is an ad for a book how will he know to scroll down to find a link to the actual documentation?  For users looking for help with a program they have already purchased the old design was much easier to navigate and it was much easier to find things.  For me and my staff the new site design has a very poor user experience and it is very hard to use. 

Hi Martin, 
    We've moved the documentation from the bottom of the page to the top, above the book.

• Hi Martin, 
    We've moved the documentation from the bottom of the page to the top, above the book.

Thank you.
  • Dear Support.

I tried to do in command prompt ->  msiexec.exe /i "C:\Users\Admin\Downloads\BricsCAD-V16.1.04-1-en_US(x64).msi"  but it still occurs. Now I still cannot install into my PC.
    I use Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit.

If you already post in Support forum please share in this page.  I did not found in their page.

Thank you.

image2015-11-23_13-42-59(2).png
  •  Hello Chokechai,

Here is the supporting page for Intallation, where you can post directely your request:
    And here is a post for silent installation:

HTH,
    Miguel
This discussion has been closed.