Customising Dimension Text

In my earlier version of Bricscad I have customised things such that double clicking on a dimension brings up the Multiline Text edit box.

I am currently trialing the new version of Bricscad but now, when I click on a dimension the Single Text edit box comes up which doesn't provide the options I want.

Can anyone tell me how to get the new version to work in the same way as my existing copy?

Thanks,  Andrew McIntyre

Comments

•  Since you brought the subject up, I have a related question about version 14.  When I double-click a dim, the multi-line text in-place editor activates, but the default dimension text suddenly turns 10x larger than it should be.  To make this even more difficult to deal with, the original dimension text is also shown at its original size, and any text you type is shown at its the proper size.  So, in practice, I never use the double-click editing of a dimension, and always use the NEW command at the Dim prompt.

Does anyone know of a fix to make the v14 dimension text editor behave properly?

-Joe
  • Andrew by default my V15 brings up the multi line editor by double clicking, exploded dimensions are the only way I can guess might bring the single line editor.
    I can't remember how it behaved in earlier versions, but seems the same as mtext editing in v15.
    I tend not to use it since it introduces formatting characters which can interfere with a couple of lisps I use.
  • @ Joe: I don't have this problem. Have you checked if it perhaps only occurs in certain dwgs?
  • Thanks for that idea. It prompted me to do a more careful study of the problem.  

The problem only shows itself for dimensions with architectural or fractional units. Also, the size of the dimension text all goes to the same size, regardless of the overall dimension scale factor. So, a dimension that is 24x actually has the text go smaller when editing it.  It seems that any English units go to approx 16x size text when they are being edited.

-Joe
  • @ Joe:
    A test with V14 and Default-imperial.dwt (dim units set to architectural) does not show the problem.
    I have played around with some settings but can't find anything that triggers it. Maybe you can post a problem dwg?
  •  I hope I am not hijacking a thread, but I am thinking that the issues may be related.  Attached, is a DWG that illustrates the issue.  There are two dimensions that have the same scale, but different units.  The screen grab shows what happens when I double-click the fractional one.

-Joe

Edit Dim Text Issue.dwg

imageEdit dim text issue-Screen Grab.JPG
  • @ Joe:
    FWIW: I can confirm the issue (for V14 I have not yet installed V16). It occurs if DIMLUNIT is 4 or 5 and DIMFRAC is 0 or 1.
This discussion has been closed.