BricsCAD Communicator evaluation version for Linux

Hi,

I've been trying out the BricsCAD evaluation version on Linux but noticed that without the Communicator I won't be able to import STEP models - though to me it would be reasonable to have support for this standard format in the core version.

But now it seems the Communicator evaluation version seems to be available only for Windows? The "See more download options" at https://www.bricsys.com/en_INTL/communicator/ only lets to choose between 32 and 64-bit Windows versions, no Ubuntu in sight.

Is there an evaluation version of Communicator available or should I try this all in some virtual machine instead?

Thanks!

Comments

• Communicator is still in beta on linux (and mac), in V16 it will become a release.

If you want to have access to beta versions, please enter a support request and mention that you would like to try the communicator beta on linux.

The last published Communicator version on linux is V15.2.01, it works only on BricsCAD(Linux) V15.2.
    The Spatial Interop version used in Communicator has to correspond with the Spatial Acis version in BricsCAD.
    Today I have created a new V15.3 communicator for linux.  It will be published soon. (I cannot publish it yet - I need help by our website designers, our website has just been entirely redesigned.)

Kind Regards

Tijs

• I sent a request to the support.

Thanks!
  • I have a license for the latest version of BricsCAD Platinum and Communicator.  I can't download any version of Communicator for Linux.

The Bricsys website makes it appear that Communicator is not supported for Linux.  We could conceivably purchase a large number of seats, but Linux support is required for our group.

Can you forward me a means to download Communicator V15.3 for Linux?  Will this version work on the latest version of BricsCAD?

Best Regards,

Brian Hicks
    U.S. Naval Research Laboratory
    brian.hicks@nrl.navy.mil

Communicator is still in beta on linux (and mac), in V16 it will become a release.

If you want to have access to beta versions, please enter a support request and mention that you would like to try the communicator beta on linux.

The last published Communicator version on linux is V15.2.01, it works only on BricsCAD(Linux) V15.2.
    The Spatial Interop version used in Communicator has to correspond with the Spatial Acis version in BricsCAD.
    Today I have created a new V15.3 communicator for linux.  It will be published soon. (I cannot publish it yet - I need help by our website designers, our website has just been entirely redesigned.)

Kind Regards

Tijs

This discussion has been closed.