inserting blocks

I am trying to save a drawing as a block to disk. I create the drawing, "save to disk", pick the insertion point, (i do have flyover snaps on), window the drawing anf hit enter. The selected drawing dissappears. I open athe drawing I want to put it into, "insert block", browse to the block folder and select it. I "open" it in the dialog box and it appears in the preview window. I then click on "insert" in the dialog box and nothing. I then hit enter and an error message appears telling me there is an error and it can not import the block.What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• bevor you save the blockfile select all and explode the drawing.Now you can insert the block into another file.I' dont know how it is with "groups" (the german version dont know this) . If the "explode" command is not the solution try to ungroup all groups in the drawing and save the blockfile.Heiko

• I don't think you are doing anything wrong, at least not if you do exactly as you describe in your message.Does this happen with one particular drawing only? Maybe there is someting wrong with the drawing you try to insert as a block. This is what you should see on the screen when inserting a block.- after selecting the block or drawing and you hit the INSERT button on the INSERT BLOCK window, the block is attached to the cursor and moves dynamically.- when you click to define the insertion point, the drawing can be scaled dynamically- right click to insert the block at full scale- the block now rotates dynamically about its insertion point- click again to place the block or right click to insert the block a 0° rotation.

• Heiko & Louis,Thank you both for your help. I exploded the drawing as Heiko suggetsed and it now works. This forum has helped me again. I thank bricscad for sponsoring it. Thanks again gentlemen.Al Pepling

This discussion has been closed.