lisp

Tried out many lisp functions in bricscad linux. Some run without a problem but many of them return always the same error : " error : no function definition ; expected FUNCTION at [eval]"  . My knowledge in lisp is minimal , so really  hard for me to search for the problem. Is this a kind of incompatibility between autocad en bricscad or is the linux version the cause ? As the error message is always the same, I thought maybe the solution is also rather similar for all the programs ?

Danny

Comments

• Actually not all COM based Lisp functions are already available on Linux/Mac - so very likely, the error is about such functions :
    usually those functions are named like "(vla-get-xxxx)" or "(vla-put-xxx)".

For non-COM (normal) Lisp functions + (vl-xxx) Lisp functions, there are no known problems.

You can put such an error message here, for verification ...
    many greetings
  • Thanks,
    Maybe in the future more com functions will be added for the linux version..  hope you're still working on it .
    In the mean time I use this magnificent software daily , you guys are doing a great job !

greetings !
  • Yes, definitly ! All the time, more COM based VLA functions are added - not as quick as I hope, but constantly :-)
    many rgeetings !
This discussion has been closed.