GetInterfaceObject("ObjectDBX.AxDbDocument")

Hello,

I am trying out BricsCAD to see if it a good replacement for AutoCAD.  We currently have a great deal of custom code that I want to see if it will run in BricsCAD.  I am having a problem with the following line in a module in MS Access 2010: 

Set objACApp = GetObject(, "BricscadApp.AcadApplication")

Set objACDoc = objACApp .GetInterfaceObject("ObjectDBX.AxDbDocument")      <<<<<======= Errors Here</p>

I'm getting a run time error -2147467259:  Method 'GetInterfaceObject' of object 'IAcadApplication' failed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Lorna

Comments

• This interface is currently only available with Lisp - not with COM directly;
    but same functionality as ObjectDbx interface is also available with ARX/BRX C++ as well ...
    so maybe, adjusting your application code ot use Lisp or ARX/BRX C++ code is an option ?
    Such adjusted code will also work on both BricsCAD + AutoCAD, so no compatibility problem then.

many greetings !
  • Maybe you can change the code to used the documents collection and its add and open methods instead. This will also give you access to documents. If you want to hide the interaction with BricsCAD, changing the visibility of the application object should work.
  • Thank you both for the replies.  I will download the BRX SDK and try that.  The reason I was using ObjectDBX with Autocad was that it ran faster than ObjectARX for modifying/extracting drawing data.

Thanks again!

Lorna

• my question is: after lisp has created the objectdbx document is there any way that vba code can access the object and work with it in memory.

I was hoping to avoid writing my complex vba code in autolisp, or resorting to creating my new documents in the drawing editor.

Thanks,
    Graham

• Dear Graham,

unfortunately, that "ObjectDbx" interface as created internally by Lisp is not exposed - so can not be accessed from outside :-(
    many greetings !

This discussion has been closed.