mapconnect WMS scale problems

I doubt that my problem is specific to the Linux version of BricsCAD but I am using 16.1.07 (x64) on Linux. I'm running into scale issue with a WMS mapconection. The scale of the WMS imagery seems to be off by a factor of approximately 3 relative to the DWG. The WMS is in EPSG:3739 which is a State Plane coordinate system in U.S. Survey feet and the DWG is in the same coordinate system. So it seems like it should be simple.

I set INSUNITS=2 (feet). I don't see an option for U.S. Survey Feet. There really should be a U.S. Survey Foot option because it can make a significant difference with the large values common in State Plane coordiante systems, but it is probably not the root of my problem.

In the geographiclication dialog I entered WY83-WF EPSG:3739 and a latitude/longitude and the corresponding state plane x/y for that lat/long. (I don't see why I need to provide a latitude/longitude and the corresponding plane x/y when I've already specified the coord sys, but again, I don't think that's to source of my problem).

In the mapconnect dialog I connect to the WMS server and pick the layer I want. The Ground Resolution can only be set in m/pix and only to 1 decimal place. My MWS imagery is 1/2 foot/pixel (0.15m/pix) so again a minor annoyance but I don't think it is the root of my problem. I've tried a few different Ground Resolutions and other than image quality I don't see any difference.

So finally my problem - the WMS imagery comes in at the correct location relative to the DWG at the lat/long I specified in the geographiclication dialog, but the imagery seems to be about 1/3 too small relative to the DWG. Just guessing, but it seems like the imagery is being interpreted as being in meters.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Comments

• Hello Richard,
    if you file a support request and attach the drawing concerned, our support analysts will be glad to investigate why this doesn't work as expected and help you out.

Kind regards
    Hans
This discussion has been closed.