viewing problem on one layer only

Dear all,

I have received a 3d drawing with various layers in it. 1 of these layers I cannot see (just a few small stripes and dots). When I select these items I see that the layer is not frozen or anything like that. When I open up the drawing in Autocad at our company, I can clearly see this layer in the drawing.

Does anyone have an idea why the layer is visible in Autocad, but not in Bricscad?

Hope someone can assist in this.

Kind regards,

JMN

Comments

•  I have occasionally had models partially or totally turn invisible on my Platinum v14.  This was a rare event, so I didn't spend much time investigating it.  I vaguely recall that simply exiting and re-entering BricsCAD was not enough to bring them back.  I also recall that I spent at least an hour trying to bring them back. Unfortunately, I don't recall the process, and with all the trial and error efforts, I don't think I actually came up with a confident solution.  I do recall trying by just getting a copy of the problem components from a backup, and just deleting the problem objects.  But, again, I am not confident that was the actual solution.  I was also considering my video card as a potential culprit because it shows other issues in other programs.

-Joe
  • Hello JMN,

please file a support request and attach the drawing, our analysts will be glad to investigate the issue and help you out.

Kind regards
  • It would help if you could post the file, or at least post a section of the file that shows the problem.

Do you have any object enablers installed in Autocad?  It could be that there drawing has proxy objects that Bricscad does not understand.  I have seen a number of drawings that were difficult to work with in both Autocad and Bricscad that were traced to COGO points from Autocad Land. 

Have you run AUDIT on a copy of the drawing?  I also see drawings, typically from Civil engineers, that cause Bricscad to be unstable unless I run AUDIT.
  • thanks all for your reply. I am not too familiar with the CAD design, so I cannot tell what the creator has done with the drawing. All I know is that it has been created by using a 3d laser scanner. It might be possible that during this process something was not converted properly.

I will send a file to the support desk.

• I've seen this problem too.  As I recall, I quit BricsCAD, and when I brought the program back up, it resolved.  You might want to run the AUDIT command also.  That sometimes finds and fixes problems.   And if none of these things work, it might not be a bad idea to save the file in another format, then re-open it. 
This discussion has been closed.