Refedit lock

See if the forum can solve this, save Brics Tech Help from having to look at it ...

In attached file, the green rectangle is a Block, the yellow elements are not in the Block. When I open Refedit, to Fillet the rectangle's corners together, the yellow elements should be inactive (and faded), but are still selected by Fillet; cannot be sent to back; the rectangle's lines lying under the yellow lines cannot be selected by Fillet. I found that Settings>References>Refedit lock had become unchecked; checking it hasn't solved the problem. It's not Read-only. All this is suddenly happening in my other, real working files too.

Comments

• Ah but when I open the file by clicking the above attachment, it opens on my machine Read-only. Why is that? Does it mean no one else can open and try things in the file?
  • Tom, all that is normal. Read-only doesn't mean you can't work on the file. It just means you're not allowed to save it under the same name in the same location.

It's also normal to be able to select but not edit non-block entities while in Refedit. When those other entities get in the way, as is the case with your yellow xline, you just have to copy the block somewhere else and edit it there. You can fillet the rectangle that way. Then, after closing Refedit, delete the temporary insertion.
  • Thanks, but for years I've been able to Edit Blocks in place, without moving/copying away, and everything not in the Refedit-opened Block (not in the 'working set') goes pale and is immune to edit operations, although they can be snapped to, can be Added to the working set (i.e. brought into the Block) and 'sent behind' the Block. All that has changed - some setting?
  • Hi Tom,
    I agree that objects in the working set should at least be given priority.
    But you really do not have to move them away: if SELECTIONPREVIEW has not been disabled, you just need to hover over an entity, see if the intended one highlights, and if not press TAB to cycle through the overlapping entities.
  • This is the reply from Tech Help - would never have guessed!

"the problem is that current visual style in the attached drawing is "Modeling". It uses graphic device specified by the GsDeviceType3D preference for rendering - OpenGL or RedOpenGL. Entities that are not in the working set are faded only if GDI+ (or GDI) graphic device is used. You should change current visual style to "2dWireframe"
  • For completeness' sake:
    meanwhile fading has been implemented for the rendering device as well.
    This will become available in an update release scheduled in a few weeks.
    Kind regards

• Great! Does fading include immunity to modification for entities not in the working set?

About updates, silly question maybe - is it advised to download the latest version as soon as it's on the website?
This discussion has been closed.