right click - copy

why do locked layers copy to the clipboard in version V16, this was not the case in V15. is there a setting that I can change for this?

Comments

• Dear Rob,

do you use latest V16.1.05 ? As that issue has been recently fixed :-)
    many greetings !
  • yes version 16.1.05 revision 40889, 32 bit.
  • Dear Rob,

indeed, in V16.1.05 that issue is not yet fixed ...
    but it is already fixed internally, so next update should contain the correction.
    many greetings !
  • Torsten,

I've just downloaded 16.2.02 and this right click issue still exists, any idea as to when it will be resolved? I've also noticed that in this version the blocks I have in my tool palette are hard to see, graphically the icon is tough to make out. 

• Dear Rob,

I have just compared with AutoCAD - and our actual behaviour is the same :
    - if the locked layer is the current layer, then you can copyclip entities from this current layer
    - if the current layer is a different one (than the locked layer), then copyclip is blocked for entities on such locked layer

It looks a bit strange indeed, but that's how AutoCAD works here ... and some users might rely on this, so we have to stick with it for compatibility ...

For the icons problem - best to send a support request with your tool palette and the icon images, so that we can reproduce.

many greetings !
  • For some reason I cannot duplicate what yours is doing. If I lock all layers or all layers but one the result it the same all entities on multiple locked layers copy/clip.
  • Dear Rob,

the main issue with COPY command here (and pre-selected entities) had been fixed with V16.2;
    a similar issue with CopyClip / CutClip has just been fixed, not yet published.

The issue was introduced for a usability improvement, to have the selected entities remaining highlighted (like AutoCAD does).
    many greetings !
This discussion has been closed.