Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Title bars for pop-ups

I am testing Bricscad for Linux on Mint 17.3 to see if we can move from Windows to Linux.  Linux is a fresh install on a dedicated computer and Bricscad is the only program I have added.

When I open the setting pop-up there is no title bar.  This means there is no way to close the pop-up and no way to exit Bricscad.  Any help on getting the title bars for pop-up to appear would be appreciated.

Comments

• Dear Martin,

which flavor of Mint 17.3 did you install ?
    As there are several desktop systems (old-timers prefer classical Gnome 2, maybe Gnome 3 ...), could be that the "title bar" is from Ubuntu style, shown in top bar on desktop ?
    You might try to choose Gnome 2/3 as desktop system ... ?
    many greetings !
  • Torsten -  I installed Cinnamon.  I'm trying to stay as close to Windows operation as possible to make the transition easier.  We have used a Linux server for many years but Linux on the desktop is new for us.

Nicolas -  Thanks.
  • Dear Martin,
    from my experience, Gnome 2 (or Gnome 3) seems closest to Windows desktop ...
    as far as I know, you can select the desktop to be used even before login ? Meaning, not only at installation time ...
    but you can also switch later ...
    many greetings !
This discussion has been closed.
Origami
Origami is the Japanese word for paper folding. ORI means to fold and KAMI means paper and involves the creation of paper forms usually entirely by folding.