Plotting to PDFCreator - file name is always too short!

Hi all,

I am using a script to plot a batch of dwg's. All works well except that the file name is always too short - missing an important part of the name. I've tried with other PDF printers but it's always the same amount of digits that comes out, so is there a setting somewhere where the characters are limited? As part of the script I'm using 'save-as' to change the name of the .dwg and that works fine so I don't see what is causing the problem...

Any help would be appreciated - thanks!

Comments

• Due to OS file name limitation? Windows is limited to 255 char including the folder name. Perhaps you are printing to a nested folder location? I would try printing to a local folder keeping the name short e.g: 'C:\PDF-Prints'

Regards,
    Jason Bourhill

• You could see the same happening if you are printing to a FAT formatted disk. This is limited to the DOS 8.3 file name format.

Regards,
    Jason Bourhill

•  Thanks for the suggestions. I am already plotting to a local area, and the characters are not more than 255, only about 40. Not keen to change the name, as I'll have to change them all back (there are about 90 files all with different names).

Thanks anyway!

Lynsey
  • Maybe the problem is with the script?
This discussion has been closed.