Creating a tin and contours from survey data

Is there a way to tin or create a dtm from survey points direct in Bricscad and then display it as contours?

We have a number of small jobs come in with survey points that I have to pull into 12d for tin and contour then issue back out to cad and it seems a lot of work.
If its not a function now any chance we can add it?
By "we" I mean the Bricscad development team of course :)

Cheers,

Liam

Comments

• Try this link TIN from Theswamp. It is pretty robust with well formed data.
  •  Hello,

The plugin intelliMAP (www.intellimap.fr) , that we developp, has one function which can do that (DTM + countourlines). But it's a commercial product with lots of other surveying and GIS functions.
    If you are interested on it you can ask to me for more information.

Best regards.

Etienne.
  •  Liam I'm curious why not just model in 12D.
    I gather you have 12D. 
    12D is robust and once in their format options for future manipulation, design etc are always available. 
    I do all my modelling in survey software then import into BricsCad.
    I might be speaking to the converted here so pardon any butting in. 
    I'd be nice to have a robust application for modelling and design with volumes, sections etc at a reasonable price for BricsCad. 
  • Etienne is that available in English please?
    I'd be interested to see what it does.
    regards
  •  Thanks guys I'll have a look at the links and intellimap

I do have 12d Richard and its awesome!  Unfortunately we only have 2 licenses for 12d and only 2 users but a few more team members running smaller jobs.  They are more than capable of processing it but seems a shame they have to stop work and wait for one of us to do it.

Be nice to have more 12d users and I think we'll head that way but its a large expense for a small company.

Cheers
  • Check out the store. There are several options, most are part of bigger solutions.

Advanced Road Design, CGS Software, Dotsoft, Plateia, include DTM and contouring capabilities in English. I know there are more ...
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!